Monday, November 2, 2009

Hello, All Yall I haven't posted in a long long time. So, don't anyone go into shock or anything. I don't want to be held responsible for any doctor bills. My family is doing great, none of us are in jail or the hospital or anything like that. The kids might think that school is like jail, but they will survive. For the last week I have been in Silver Spring, MD, at the National Labor College for new officer training. I am the Financial Secretary of our local union. I got some really good info out of it that will help me with my job. They kept us busy from 9am to 9 pm every day, with an hour and a half for lunch and dinner. They gave us Wednesday evening off, so some of us rented a shuttle bus and went in to Washington DC to some of the memorials. It was pretty cool. All in all, it was a good week. The only thing that would have made it better is if my family was with me. This was my first time flying and it was pretty cool. Well here is some pictures.

This inside Union Station.
I ran into President Obama, we had a nice visit. I was able to give him some good advice on health care reform as well as other important issues.
The Capital
Jefferson Memorial
Proof that I was there
This was my fav
Korean War Memorial
This is my buddy's house where we got together to play a little poker
This guy has been across the street from the White house since 1981 living in a tent, protesting. He was sitting there with his laptop, and we asked him if we could take his picture.
Denver

2 comments:

Mikala Bowers said...

What do you think of D.C.? -I theenk a bunch of Eediots must leeve here.- Why?- The Washington monument? It looks nothing like the guy. heh heh heh I MADE A JOKKKEE! :) I can do this crap too! JE-FUH-FUH... DUN-HAM.

MOM & DAD said...

Hey Wes!! Thanks for posting the great pictures! We love them! If only you could have brought that Obama guy into the light!!(in more ways than one!) And Mikala!! What a Jokester you are!! you made me laugh out loud!! We all need to go visit the monuments together, great fam. vac.!!