Saturday, March 10, 2007

Hey Y'all!

Well, It's nice to start hearing from a few people. Josh, that picture of you after being out for a couple of weeks - yeah, I think I could smell the musk wafting off of you. Ick! Tyson and Carrie, the boys are so cute - as usual - and growing up so fast! Mom and dad, we are all "impatiently" waiting for pictures from Hawaii to be posted. If you need help scanning and posting - call Megan! ha ha - I'm sure she'd be happy to help. Hope everyone remember to Spring Forward! Everyone should know I finally know what I want to be when I grown up. For everyone's info - I took a crash course in computers - Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, etc. I can type 75 WPM, and my 10 -key is 170 KPM. I hadn't ever taken 10-key. So, for my final presentation I was doing research on jobs. During this last run-in with the law and so forth I learned a lot of things. And a lot of good things have come about from this. I noticed a woman up there typing, typing away and wondered about her, well I researched her and found out they don't use regular keyboards. I thought HEY! I can type fast, I can do that. But first I have to learn this shorthand stuff on a shorthand machine. I called Boise to find out how to get licensed and they said they will license a person if they go to a school approved by the National Court Reporter's Association. There isn't any schools in Idaho for this. There actually was one in Boise, but they closed it down a couple of months ago - my luck. So there is only one school - in Indiana. It will be a HECK of a commute - but, I'll probably end up using the "Information Highway" to get there cause it's the only online school that is approved by the "NCRA" and I'll probably get a lot less tickets on that "Highway". It is an 85 credit course - and it costs $240 per credit, so anyone who is willing to donate - you know our mailing address - No, I am looking for scholarships and grants that might be available and have been talking to my Vocational Rehab counselor because they are helping me get back into the work force, they might help me find a PT job also. I cannot believe Megan will be 15. HOLY CRAP! That'll make me turning what, 28? Yeah, I think that's about right. Spring break is right after this week. That will be nice. Oh yeah, and also I have been taking intro to Quikbooks 1 night a week- I figure that will help me get a job in the meantime while I'm earning my degree. It's almost time to start yard work aaaaaaaaahhh! I believe we plan on planting at least 1/3 of the garden area into grass. I think we'd like to put a cement slap out back there by the firepit kind of for the swim pool that doesn't hold air or water anymore. That would be for the kids. But, I don't think we could afford it. At least not this year. School and all - commuting and stuff - teenagers, 1 of which is driving! Campaign is almost over out at the Sugar Factory, but Wes will still be on shift for juice run, which will go on until the first part of July. Wes informed me that this year they are "REALLY SERIOUS" this year about not taking any vacation from the second week in July until the middle of August until they start juice run again. Wes's 'whole' summer. So, I guess we'd better already be thinking about vacation, so he can sign off! Well, sometime soon hopefully we're supposed to get a scanner! So we can scan some pictures! Wes has his 7 days off the same time the kids have their spring vacation SO we will probably end up taking everything out of Madison's room and tearing up the carpet and sanding the floor down and then staining and varnishing it or whatever and then finally finishing decorating it. The carpet is so awful, cause whoever painted in there spilled the paint in some places so it's kind of hard and crusty, gee, I wonder who that could have been. (it was me) I think that will be pretty awesome, then I might get her one of those princess rugs that are kind of big. That will be fun. AND our room finally has all of that nasty flowery wallpaper off. So, we just need to patch to walls where we gouged getting the paper off, Wes will put in a new window, and we will paint, it creme and green. I finally decorated the "brown room" which I sometimes call the family room. It's done in a fishing scheme. It's fun! Now it just needs a blind, instead of the sheet. Wes is kind of tired of the draped look. Well, That's the 411 on us! Hope to hear more from all of you! Love to all! Steph