Monday, August 18, 2008

Something a little different....

Hi everyone I just thought I would show you a little of what I have been up to. I have told some of you about some of the cool websites that are all about D.I.Y. (do it yourself) and recon use of clothing. There was one idea where you take a men's button down shirt, and turn it into a girls dress. I bought a super cheap shirt and set to work. I finished it today, and I am quite excited with how it turned out. The original can be found at http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=170402.0 . It was really fun and not hard.
lso many of you have been concerned about Oz and how he is doing out here in the bermuda triangle. After the intital squirmish that he was mysteriously involved in, he sticks right around home now and is some sort of surrogate mother/heating blanket for the three kitties that Steph brought out when she brought Oz. All four are alive and well, apparently this was the super "special" batch. The old man dog and the 3 unwanted kitties! But they are fun and we enjoy them so much! Jakoby is getting used to Oz and will give him a milk-bone. Instead of throwing it down on the ground, she will now let Oz take it right out of her hand.
Our phone line is almost in, they trenched up to the house today, so it should be anyday now.
Anyway, things are going well, and I am loving the D.I.Y. Oh another fun website with lots of ideas is http://www.threadbanger.com/ they are a little crazy, but have lots of ideas.
Love to all!
Kristen

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kristen! That is such a cute idea! Did it take very long? I'm sitting here wondering if I could find a man's shirt that would work for Megan and Mikala and still be a decent length! Decent, being the key word! The girls are so cute!

I'm really glad that the new members of your family are faring well, also! It's good to hear from the land out west!

I bet Darby is getting really excited for school to start, but poor Koby! That might end up being a little tough on her!

Tyson and Carrie said...

Kristen
Thanks for sending us that picture on Sunday. It is so good to hear that Az is doing good. We were so worried that he wouldn't do very well since we had tryed it with Mandy. I think that he was to close to home there, and wanted to run home.
Darby's dress is very cute!
Carrie

Callin and Kristen said...

It didn't take too long to make, once I got brave and actually cut the pieces out! I'm sure you could add to the bottom hem of the shirt and get something long enough to cover Megan and Mikala's bottoms and then some! I think Darby going to school will be really hard on Jakoby (and me!!) they are such good friends! The dress was really fun to make and I am getting ready to do another!