Sunday, February 1, 2009

HOSPITAL HUMOR

Let me set the scene for Tyson's video...(down below)

We are in my ER room, it is divided by curtains on the sides and the front where the door is, is all glass that has a curtain covering the top half.  The sink is one step away from my bed.  
     So I told the nurse that I needed to use the restroom.  I could hardly sit up and I could not walk yet.  I was able to pull myself up to sitting position and was facing the door waiting and figuring that she would go and get me a wheel chair.  I could not move my neck so I couldn't  look behind me to see what she was doing.  She then says "OK there you go".  then she walked out. After turning my whole body around   I then discovered she had pulled out the hidden toilet under the sink that was a step away from my bed.  I could not believe they had a flushing toilet under the sink there in my room that was  right next to my bed.
It was quit the night having an old man on the other side of the curtain then after him was a drunk teenager. 
Thanks to this hidden toilet we were able to have a little humor in the hospital. 

3 comments:

Jeramy Robyn and the Kids said...

Okay, Loved the hospital humor, maybe RJ could suggest some in Burley. As far the hospital experience being crazy it reminds me when I had Sakoya, 1st child, fainted when I went to the bathroom the first time. I was then told not to go to the bathroom again without a nurse, so when I went to go again, in walked the male nurse. It was awful. Not to mention the unmarried mother who had a horrible delivery, the whole family had to visit her and she named her baby like 5 names because she was never having another one, and this lovely girl was my roommate. I can laugh now.

MOM & DAD said...

I am glad you sent an explanation for the potty!! We didn't get any sound so I was wondering who in the world would put a toilet seat in a drawer!! Good thing you can laugh about it now as I am sure there was nothing humorous about it at the time!!

Mikala Bowers said...

AWESOME!!! i want a pull out potty! heh I am coming over there on thursday!!!! i'm pretty excited but also a little nervous... i've never been far away from the family haha i will be fine because now i will be close to you guys!!!