Tuesday, February 16, 2010

About Vacation Time

I got to thinking (Yeah, I do that every once in awhile!) that I should tell everyone about the why's of reserving the camp sight at Alturas when I did! Every year people want to know when we are going so they can get it on their work schedules. Since the middle of Jan. I have been watching the reservations, they only book up to a certain time, then extend the booking calendar every couple of weeks. Before we went to CA, I had checked for the second week of Aug. (dad & I usually have ass't. managers' meeting the first week of Aug. ) that booking day would start Feb. 9th, the same day we were driving back from Ca. I thought, no problem, I will check on it the day after we get back. Unfortunately, by then, it was pretty well reserved, except for a day or two here & there. (By the way-----the double sites are the only ones that can be reserved, so I went through the map of the campground & checked on all the double sites.) I found 4 days in a row that one of the double sites wasn't reserved yet, so I decided to reserve it then & not wait any longer. The dates weren't an option---I just grabbed what was available. I am hoping it will work out for Josh & Natalie to be here! I just worried that if I didn't get a date it might be another summer without the family gathering. I just hope & pray it works out for everyone!!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

mom, meg and i were talking and we think you and dad should lay off the ass't. meetings asap.