Sunday, July 1, 2007

Trent's Ninja Turtle...

Last week Trent came running into me yelling with excitement, yet a little scared, that there was a Ninja Turtle at our house! I laughed and said " that's neat Bud." He kept telling me to come and see. I realized then that he was completely serious and the thought occurred to me that I wasp going have to break the news to him that they are fake. He kept saying it with a rush in his voice so I decided to calmly tell him that they were fake. Thinking that he would pause and react to this I had prepared myself for a melt down, but no way he continued to be persistent about this Ninja Turtle outside. As I stopped to think and listened to the surrounding sounds for one second I realized that Trey to was outside screaming about this Ninja Turtle. With Trent's persistence and Trey screaming to I thought to myself that just maybe there was one....So I decided to go along with it and head outside. This is what we found! It doesn't look very big but he was! I have never seen a turtle this big just out roaming around in our yard, never mind the this big part, I have never seen a turtle out roaming around in our yard period! Trey and Trent watched it for most of the day as it roamed our front yard. They came in for a little and it was gone when they went back out. But they still talk about it, especially Trent. Right before quiet times that day he told me "mom if you look out the window and see my Ninja Turtle make sure to come and get me"! He has picked to have a Ninja Turtle party for his Dirpday. (that is how he says birthday)

1 comments:

RJ, Shanna And Zach said...

looks like it worked. I like the turtle. How big was he? Thats exciting to have a wild one just scooting around your yard.

R.J., Shanna & Zachary