Thursday, May 7, 2009

I thought that I would post because no one else was! :D We, in the rupert 4th ward, got new Young Womens leaders... BRAND NEW, Right out of the box! Anyway, they are changing things up a little. I guess you are supposed to split up and have different lessons with just the mia maids, just the bee hives, and just the laurels, but we never thought our Young Womens was quite big enough to bother splitting up... recently our Young Womens group has become somewhat large. So we split up for the lesson and then got back together for closing prayer. We knelt on the ground which was quite different, but I liked it. It was a very humbling feeling and I definitely felt the spirit. We also have Prayer sisters each month. We pick names and that is who you PRAY and FAST for that month. The leaders names are included so we cand get leaders to pray for also, and they can pray for us. We ALSO are fasting 24 hours every fast sunday TOGETHER (for our prayer sisters) we start at one o'clock on saturday and end it right after church (One also, brilliant... I never woulda thunk it) I REALLY REALLY loved the "old" leaders but I already love the new ones too! Just a quick update. I would love to hear from you all!!!! LOVE Mikala Lindsay

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm just really glad somebody got those poor ladies outta those boxes! haha

MOM & DAD said...

You better keep those boxes so you can put them back in if they need a rest!! I haven't been on the blog for awhile so it's good to see someone puts some info on about what's going on!!! Grandpa & I get to go hang out with the Governor on Wed. That sounds exciting doesn't it?? (I don't think so!)

Mikala Bowers said...

woo hoo :)