Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dachau Concentration Camp

Today we went down to Munich to the Dachau Concentration Camp. It was an amazing experience. I can't even begin to imagine what those people went through. The memorial site is so creepy. There is a certain silence there that just lets you know something bad happened. I'm not good enough with words to even try to describe how this place made me feel so I will just let the pictures do the talking. The gate going in to the camp says Work Brings Freedom This is the prison building These are some of the items in the museum This is a picture taken from a U.S. airplane of the Jews welcoming the U.S. troops! This is a model of Dachau and a plate from the camp that they served food in these are the beds and the bathrooms in the barracks After the bodies were burned they put all the ashes here and named it the grave of the thousands unknown

1 comments:

Jeramy Robyn and the Kids said...

Wow, how sad to see these things but how great it is to be reminded of that time and the freedoms that we now have. I wish that I could have been there with you but am grateful to be able to see you pictures instead. Keep exploring and keep blogging so that I can live a little through you guys. Merry Christmas we will be thinking of you and wishing you were here.
Robyn