Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Darby's school has decided to celebrate the birth of Dr. Seuss. It just so happens that this day of celebration also falls on the same day as the Carnival. The Carnival is themed Under the Sea. Because of these two celebrations falling on the same day, some of the mothers decided some unruliness could get by "under the radar." So they came up with the plan of having our girls dress up as Thing 1, Thing 2, and an honorary Thing 3. The outfits will be complete with red clothing and blue hair. I have a perfectly good blue wig I was planning on using, but Darby came home from school on Thursday with a grocery bag with a blue shower cap, and some blue Easter grass. (I seriously detest Easter grass!) I called one of the other mothers, and she wasn't really sure what to do with the blasted stuff either. Darby wanted to glue it onto the shower cap, but I knew hot glue would only melt it, and any other glue would never dry in time. So I started sewing. One nasty piece of grass at a time. I talked to mom, and she wondered what would happen if I put it through my sewing machine. We decided the worst that could happen would be gunking up my sewing machine, but I figured it would be okay. This dang "head of hair" took me 3 hours. I hope she likes it. I am certain it will look better on her as well, with the full outfit of course. This all remains to be seen, in the morning, before the bus. The things we do for our children. Kristen

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! Kristen, you are the MOM! Holy Cow!!! Must have taken you FoReVeR!!! It looks awesome, though! Nice look on you, too. You should wear it to Walmart. Maybe they'll put you on that one website...

Natalie & Josh said...

I'm with Steph, YOu are the MOM!! I don't like 4 letter words therefore I don't do any sewing by Hand!! I would have slapped some tar on there for the grass to stick to before I would have sewn all that on :) Poor Jack, uh lol

Mikala Bowers said...

haha that is a good look for you THE MOM! haha I Love it.