Monday, April 23, 2007

All By Myself. . .

Well, I HAD to do it. My "assistant coach" went to prom - rude huh? So, this is how it went. First of all - and most of important of all we still won. Second of all. Mikala was against the boards and broke her stick, which has never happened before. So, she bends over and is trying to clean up after herself so no one trips on her end part, right? And like everone is yelling at her, right? Finally over all the ruckus she hears her mother yelling, "DROP IT!" So she does. The ref blows the whislte, then she picks it back up to bring over. She got a penalty called on her, so needless to say we learn something new every day - when you break your stick DROP IT! You do not want to cause carnage, I guess. So, then when I was calling another player out and putting another one in the player who was coming out decided to turn around and play a little more, so I guess I got a penalty called on me for having too many player on the court or whatever. So I said, "What do you want me to do, go stant in the penalty box?" The ref said, "No, one of the players does." So I didn't put the certain kid back out on the court I was a little peeved. Lastly, but not leastly the guy I was playing against was Megan and Mikala's coach for the last 2 years the guy with whom they consecutively lost with - Bob Withrow. While I was counting and seeing who I had on the court and who I didn't, and yes smoke was coming from the top of my head and out of my earholes, and I and I sure my eyes were swirling by this time. He kindly yelled, "Come on, let's get on with the game!" Which translated to me - let's keep this butt-whoopin' goin' I'm enjoying it! and I yelled back, "I am!" Anyway, I made it and I am learning and think Ryan and Mikala are actually surprised they are enjoying and that we are winning as much as we are. I think when Megan and Mikala and Ryan found out the "mom" was coaching they thought "OH, WOW, OH GREAT JOY! LUCKY US! AWESOME!!!" (dripping with tons and tons of sarcasm) But, I think maybe I'm surprising us all. Anyway I am kinda proud of myself. It did prove to be an interesting experience. Hope all is well wherever you are........... Love to all. Steph

0 comments: