Sunday, June 28, 2009

Darby's Results

Darby did so great, and she had so much fun! She got 2nd place on all 3 of her dances. She got a trophy and 2 silver metals that she is very proud of! We will get the videos posted soon. Thanks to Robyn, Jer and the family for driving down to watch her. She loved knowing she had "fans." It was a whole new experience and like no dance competition I've ever been to. A mom was telling us about how school dresses (all of the girls from the same school have a dress that looks the same) are cheap at around $800.00. Solo dresses is where it gets expensive with dresses from top names selling for $4,500.00! I am glad our teacher is very budget aware! Darby had cute hair, and it was a big hit. Everywhere we went people asked about it and even took pictures. When I would check on her backstage, she told me, "Mom, people keep taking pictures of my hair! They are so strange." Thank you for thinking of Darby, but I think when it came right down to it, I was more nervous than she was! She had no problem dancing all by herself, because 2 of the 3 dances she did, the other little girl stopped dancing, and Darby kept on going. Callin and I are so proud of her and glad all of her hard work paid off.

5 comments:

Natalie & Josh said...

Good Job Darby!!!!!! You looked so beautiful!

Stephanie said...

I will look forward to seeing the videos! WOW! Loved your hair, Darby and Kristen. What did Jakoby think? I SO want to see your silver medals and your trophy!

Mikala Bowers said...

I am so happy for you Darby!!!!! that is so EXCITING!

Tyson and Carrie said...

Good job Darby!! Love the hair! You look so cute!

RJ, Shanna And Zach said...

Darby, you are such a good dancer! We know you always do a wonderful job! Your outfit is beautiful because you are!