Sunday, October 12, 2008

We survived!

Today was our first day as teachers in CTR 5. Josh was on staff duty for 24 hrs yesterday so I had to prepare the lesson by myself! I was nervous at first trying to remember everything I wanted to say but soon after I got started I realized that they really aren't listening anyway. lololol We had 6 in class today and they were all really good. Our lesson was on talents and we kept asking them what talents they had and had them draw pictures of them doing their talents. At the end of class I asked them what they were going to tell their parents they leared in primary today and one of the little girls looked up at me and said "Nothing" lolololol I had to laugh to myself. This is going to be so challenging for me. Then there is this little girl who wants to hug me all the time and I'm not a huggy person with just anyone! So I have to learn to have patients!!!! lolol I don't remember if I posted on here that I applied for a job at one of the grade schools on post. Well, today before primary the lady found me and told me I got it!! yay! I go in on Tues and fill out the paper work then I start Fri. I'm so excited to work. I'm starting to go crazy over here not doing anything while Josh is at work all day. I told him I was glad that I was going to be making money so I could buy all kinds of candles to put around our new tub. He told me I had to wait until I got my first pay check cause I couldn't reimburse him! lololol

1 comments:

RJ, Shanna And Zach said...

Candles? I have a light switch. The job sounds cool, and CTR 5 is some cool stuff. My best and worst. I hated the idea of CTR but I was really mad when they took it away from me. I feel in love those kids. I had the clingy ones too, one that was ADHD, a few silent ones and then the ones you couldn’t get to shut up. I loved CTR. Then Shanna and I were put in as our Stake Mission leaders for a two year mission. That was great, but I longed for the loving kind exchanges I had with those kids. Each fast Sunday I see my kids, as I like to refer to them, bearing there testimonies. I was so scared about that first few weeks, that I was so close to telling the Bishop I wanted out. I think of the relationships I have now with them. Yeah, some of them moved away, but most are still here and have strong testimonies. I thank God I didn’t get out, in fact I count it as one of my greatest blessings.
Thinking of you guys.
R.J.