Saturday, November 22, 2008

Break Down!

Today we wanted to go to Munich to one of the concentration camps but we woke up to snow and decided not to go that far from home incase it got worse. So we decided we would go to this really big sports store in Stuttgart because Josh needed a new coat and I needed snow pants so we could go skiing next weekend. After we went there we decided to drive on out to Rothenburg where there is this really big Christmas store and the whole town is decorated. I was really excited cause I love Christmas and Josh won't let me put my tree up till next Fri so I thought at least I could see some Christmas lights! Halfway there we stopped at McDonalds to have lunch. The McDonalds over here are so fancy they don't have booth's each table has leather chairs. It's crazy. Anyway when we got back to the car It wouldn't start because I had left the GPS plugged in!!!! My first thought was how in the world are we going to get help. We are 75 Km outside of the city and I was really scared no one would speak English. So we went back in and got the manager and he told us that there was a auto store 500 meters up the rd. so we bundled up and started walking. I went in and asked the guy if he spoke English and he said a little bit so I asked him for jumper cables he laughed and another guy told him what I meant. I guess that's not what they call them over here. So we bought the cables and that guy drove us back to our car to give us a jump but my car wasn't even turning over. So back to the store to buy a new battery and let me tell ya I was praying so hard that the battery was the problem! Well, we get there and my wasn't in there computer so we guessed on what battery to put in it. He took us back to our car and him and Josh changed the battery and then it started! I was so happy. We went back and paid for the battery and decided we were going home. On the way home we saw this barn with a Harley sign on it so we pulled off to take a picture then as we were driving home this guy had a tree in his yard with a carving in it. It was really pretty. It started snowing on our way home and we were out on this country rd so it was really beautiful. Hopefully we can make it up there before the holidays are over.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I want snow. . .

MOM & DAD said...

Looks a bit cold there. I hope you got your snowpants, Natalie. It is great you keep us in touch with what you're doing! I am not so good with computers or I would take a picture of Randy lying in bed being miserable! He sure doesn't feel good! I guess you can be grateful I can't take his picture. He really is not a pretty sight.

Jeramy Robyn and the Kids said...

Good thing you had mechanic Josh with you. I put my snowplow on my 4-wheeler. I want snow. THis next weekend may produce some. I wish I could carve on a tree like this dude.