Friday, November 28, 2008

Our first day of skiing!!!

Today we went to Feldberg Germany and went skiing. This was the first time I have ever put ski's on in my life so I spend most of the day on my BUTT!!!!! I thought it might be easy cause when we were going up the lift I was thinking this seems easy enough. I guess I should explain why I thought this. The lifts were different than anything Josh had ever seen. You didn't sit in them you had to stand there and let it swing around and then a little black pole would hit your butt and you held on to the pole and it drug you up the hill. Then at the top you had to swing yourself off. Well, I fell flat on my butt getting off. Thank goodness there wasn't anyone behind us cause they would have hit me! lolol I think it took us about 2 1/2 hrs to come down the first mountain! I just kept thinking poor Josh cause I knew he wanted to be skiing all fast and we were stopping every few feet cause I would hit the ground. We did get a good video of me though. I was really excited I didn't wipe out on it. hahah I know my hip is going to be bruised tomorrow. I can't wait to go again!!!!!

4 comments:

MOM & DAD said...

Love the skiing pictures, Natalie!! Keep it up, you're doing great! Did Josh like the lift? It sounds like the old kind they used to have here. I never rode them but Randy has talked about a lift that sounds kinda like the one you described. I swear you guys are on one long honeymoon. I hope you two are writing your adventures in your journals so your kids can read all about the fun you're having!

Stephanie said...

Natalie, that was awesome! I haven't been skiing for years and that SO made me want to go. I WANT snow! NOW!

Mikala Bowers said...

Good job haha ive only been on a board twice and i still suck haha i guess i will just have to try again once we get snow... if it is going to be this cold it might as well snow lol

RJ, Shanna And Zach said...

Oh, Shanna is jelous of the snow, but so glad to see ya taking advantage of it. Missing you guy's
R.J., Shanna and Zach