Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Weekend in the Alps

This weekend was a three day so I went down to Garmisch to visit Josh. I was so excited to see him you would have thought I hadn't seen him in months. He must have been missing me too cause I told him that if he wanted he could get the hotel for Sat and Sun night and I would just come down early Sat morning and stay till Monday evening and that way we only had to pay for two nights instead of three. So you can imagine my surprise when he told me a few days later that he got the hotel for all three nights! Since Josh's order's say he has to ski once a week, what a tough job, we went Saturday. This was my second day skiing! I did really good. I didn't fall as much and I was making the turns, I was ready to toot my own horn THEN Josh tells me the only way off the mountain was to ride the lift back down or ski off a harder hill and there was no way in H@!! that we were riding the lift down so really our only option was skiing down the straight down hill of ICE!!! Needless to say by the time we got to the bottom I wanted to kill him! I told him I had no business on that mountain and I was never skiing with him again!!! Yes we almost had our first fight!!!!!!! lolololol Anyway, I made it down alive and after a long nap and a hot shower I wasn't mad anymore. Sunday we went for a hike in the Alps to this beautiful canyon. The water was so blue and clear. The ice sickles were amazing! Then that night we went to a Bavarian restaurant with Bavarian dancing. It was cool. They had like 10 year old boys slap dancing while we ate. I really don't like German food but it was still fun.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

WOW! That looks so beautiful! Did you try licking the icicles?! haha! I bet that blue/green water is cold!

MOM & DAD said...

I cannot believe the incredible scenery!! Can you believe you skiied the alps?? I am so glad you are still talking to Josh after he made you ski the ice. And by the way---someone has to snaz us up, so change the border any time!! Love ya!

Natalie & Josh said...

I tried to get Josh to lick the ice but he wouldn't!!!! lolol

Natalie & Josh said...

Natalie could have made the turns but she got scared and wouldnt do what i said!!! She would have been fine!!!
josh

RJ, Shanna And Zach said...

"Just do what I say, and you'll be fine!" Easy for someone who has had lots of practice on lots of mountains! :) The borders look wonderful and make the page really fun! Enjoy! Love you guys!