Sunday, September 21, 2008

We're not hoofin it anymore!!!!!!

Yes that is right, we rented a car! We couldn't stand sitting in the hotel another weekend so we got ourselves a car. We drove two hrs yesterday to Ramstein to the Air Force base to a craft bazaar! Needless to say it wasn't Josh's pick but he was a good sport. It was the coolest craft show ever! There were over 170 vendors from all different countries. It was really neat seeing all the arts and crafts from them. We still don't know when we will be moving in to our apartment but keep praying that it will be soon! They moved us out of our room because it was booked for October Fest and moved us over to their temp apartments and it is horrible! We don't get internet so I am down in the restaurant typing this, and worst of all, we don't get CNN over there so we have NO English channels. I can't wait to have a home again. I told Josh once we get in we are not eating out for a long time. I miss cooking in my kitchen!!!! Here are some pictures from yesterday. Enjoy! Grapes for wine, that is all the Germans do it drink!!!! Pictures from the bazaar! I thought these bags were cool! They are made of Cork! The Polish Pottery is beautiful 100% Crystal! I didn't see anything else with anything relating to the states except this! I thought it was funny! There was this guy from Jerusalem who had all these beautiful handcarved items like crosses, nativity scenes, rosery, and in a little corner Josh found these! The nativity scene in the African booth!

2 comments:

Jeramy Robyn and the Kids said...

Wow, that is some cool stuff, at least Josh went with you, Jeramy went with me to Swiss Days and sat in the covered area where it was cool. I don't think he looked at anything. I would love to have seen some of the stuff but wouldn't have been able to buy anything.

MOM & DAD said...

Thanks for the gorgeous pictures Natalie!! It is so cool to see things of Germany. The hand carved figurines are incredible! It must have been great to get out in the countryside to see some things! You will so appreciate your home when you get to live there and then to get your things!! You will think you're in heaven!! Love you guys!!